Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Narwhal Tattoo Design


I recently got an email from a fellow in the UK about designing a tattoo for him. He wanted the tattoo on his shoulder above his tattoo of a mermaid playing the accordion, which he later sent me and is amazing. (Yes, I was a bit nervous). His good friend is turning 30 in March and they are getting tattooed together. He mentioned having a narwhal drinking a beer with a scroll. . . the idea is based on the fact that The Narwhals is the name of his pub quiz team. I started out with some sketches of narwhals impaling beer, to being wrapped around a beer can, but the beer mug ended up being the most appropriate for the pub quiz team type of feeling. I put on a phrase my buddy Brian says - Remember Fun - which is great and fits well.

No comments:

Post a Comment